Warts and All Theatre, Northampton’s cutting-edge theatre company that enables everyone to speak their truth, is announcing a new programme of activity at their new home, Delapré Abbey.
This dynamic programme will give people of all ages a chance to perform, direct and engage in life-changing extraordinary theatre, through a diverse selection of weekly activity, including:
- Young Actors sessions for ages 4-21 – These workshops provide a fantastic training opportunity for children and young people, as participants work collaboratively with trained and experienced industry experts. Alongside learning theatre, drama skills and techniques, these sessions are a great opportunity for a Young Person to develop their confidence, public speaking and teamworking skills.
- Young Producers sessions for ages 12-25 – Young Producers can become ambassadors for Warts and All Theatre’s Community Event at Delapré Abbey in 2021. Get local community groups involved in arts and culture, and create extraordinary theatre in an unexpected environment!
- Home Ed Drama for ages 7-13 – Perfect for any young people aged 7-13 who are home schooled, want to build their confidence and take part in curriculum linked drama lessons. Participants will work with theatre specialists to explore a variety of practitioners, texts and techniques, and will apply this learning practically to develop their performance skills.
- Early Years and Families for young parents and under 4s – This group is perfect for under 4s and their families to explore creative play and take part in arts activities. Each session will encourage participants to use their imagination whilst building confidence in a relaxed and friendly setting.
- Seniors sessions for over 50’s – the perfect programme for senior citizens who want to take part in relaxed weekly art activities that support their wellbeing. Throughout the weekly sessions members of the group will also work collaboratively to learn from each other to support the creation of friendships and connections with other like-minded individuals.
From September Warts and All Theatre will place their trust in parents and guardians as they move to a new “Pay On Your Terms” membership scheme, where participants choose a scheme that suits their personal situation.
£10, £20 and £30 monthly direct debit options are available, with all members receiving the same benefits and access to outstanding weekly sessions, but can now choose what they pay based on everyone’s personal circumstances.
“It’s all part of our renewed vision to make arts and culture accessible for as many people as possible. By offering a more flexible way of engaging with us, we will make more voices heard, society fairer and in turn enable communities to thrive,” says Christopher Elmer-Gorry, Artistic Director and CEO of Warts and All Theatre.
Participants of Warts and All Theatre programmes are also excited. Xander McAuley, 18 from Far Cotton said: “Delapré Abbey is a place where I’ve spent so much time with my friends and family. I think it’s the same for most people in my community. Thinking about all the opportunities that are possible to capitalise on with Warts and All Theatre is incredibly exciting, as I reckon we’ll gain a whole new audience with everything that’s around us.”
Warts and All Theatre are delivering this activity in line with their socially distanced COVID-19 secure planning, policies and procedures. Each activity has a face to face, blended learning or online provision that will be delivered based on local and national developments and guidance.
They are no stranger to adapting their delivery. Over the past five months, Warts and All has ran online masterclasses with some of the leading lights in the theatre world such as Adrian Lester, Benjamin Zephaniah, Fiona Shaw, Rob Brydon and Julie Walters, as well as virtual co-created plays and online acting training sessions. These programmes have meant that young people and their families have continued to have the chance to share their experiences, express themselves and remain in touch with the arts during lockdown.
For more information on Warts and All Theatre’s exciting new weekly programmes and to sign up, visit wartsandalltheatre.co.uk/be-a-wart or email email@example.com. You can follow them @wartsandallco.